Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rat Bites

"Rat bite." That's what Erik calls the fresh gouge that marks where a razor blade shaved off a small chunk of my ear.

Several days ago I had a semi-surprise dermatologist appointment - I was given a two day notice, hence the "semi." The doctor walked in, had me strip down and started marking moles that she "didn't like." Then came the shots and razor. 10 minutes later I was walking out with 5 pieces of me left behind. I didn't expect to become a human pincushion/ biopsy goldmine on a Friday after finishing a busy semester.


But the real highlight of last week was...


TRON! With SARAH! OOH YEAH! It was spectacular on the I-MAX screen. Glowing suits, pretty lights and lovely cinematography. After the dust settled we were ready to leap into the air and have our own rad bike or car warp into existence. And the glowing suits were sexy.

The remake certainly trashes the original Tron. The latter consists of painfully garbled dialogue that begs more questions than answers, a plot line that seems to jump from point A to point H and a Jeff Bridges who is hardly endearing. Honestly, he could have been 'derezzed' and I would have laughed. Laughed and clapped. But then there would have been no Tron: Legacy. Tragic dilemma we find ourselves in. Count your lucky stars, Jeff Bridges. You redeemed yourself this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment